Now I’ve officially been tagged twice in this “Eleven Things” meme. When Steph tagged me, I copied here questions into a draft post, and haven’t opened it up since. Erin tagging me in her Eleven Things post pushed me into action! Thanks for the nudge, Erin.
- Post these rules
- You must post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions set for you in their post
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
- No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
- I have an irrational fear of holding a winning raffle ticket.
- I walked on the lacrosse team my freshman year of college and worked my way up to being a starting player by my senior year. To this day, that is one of my proudest accomplishments.
- Me and my colleagues do a set of push-ups, planks, or some other exercise, every hour on the hour. Love it.
- Last year was the first time in the history of my life that I’ve ever uttered the words “I’m actually excited for winter” (low and behold, this winter was a mild one!)
- I absolutely LOVE coaching lacrosse. That is all.
- I grew up in Hawaii and have never been scuba diving.
- BUT I have been surfing. In fact, surfing is my one true love. If I could quit life and go be a surfer, I totally would.
- I played the drums in band in 7th and 8th grade. I also played the ukulele.
- If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be avocados. I attribute that to fact that I was born in Southern California.
- Brandon gets up with me every morning to make me breakfast and lunch for the day. I’m the luckiest girl ever.
- I love my feet. I think they’re adorable…especially when they don’t smell! But I don’t like having my toenails painted.
- What is the most adventurous thing you have ever eaten? Probably escargot or rocky mountain oysters. I’m a pretty adventurous eater, but if you ask me anything deep fried or soaked in loads of butter is bound to taste delicious. Even poop…….not that I know, I’m just assuming.
- What would your last meal be if you had a say in it? Avocados. Like, 5 of them.
- What is your all time guilty pleasure food? A large bag of popcorn from the movies, WITH the free refill. Brandon and I can polish one of those off in 20 minutes flat.
- What are you currently listening to? Nothing, but 5 minutes ago, it was Brett Dennen.
- What is your favorite sport (to play, watch, or both)? To watch, baseball. To play, lacrosse and outrigger canoe paddling.
- One thing you are dying to try (this could be anything) A triathlon. Haha, try a tri.
- Fill in the blank: Food makes
memy tastebuds and my belly happy!
- If you could have dinner with just one person, dead or alive, who would it be? My Uncle Joe…”the other” Uncle Joe. He passed when I was a senior in college of a sudden and completely unexpected heart attack. I know he’s looking out and he’s excited for everything I’m doing, but it would be great to have just one more meal with him!
- What is your “go to” restaurant for taking out of towners? Hmm, I guess I’d suggest Tommy’s if they were on the east side and Root Cafe on the west side? I don’t eat out a lot, so I don’t have a great answer for this one.
- What quote sums up your life right now? “Learn to let it go.” Thanks Zac Brown!
- What is your favorite holiday? Chrismukkah!
1. What is your favorite animal? Dogs. And platypi.
2. Who would you go to lunch with if it could be anyone (dead or alive)? See above: the other Uncle Joe.
3. What kind of music do you prefer to workout with or do you not listen to any music at all? It’s a toss up. When I’m running with Brandon we go no music, sometimes I run alone without music too. I do like to run with it though!
4. What is the best vacation you’ve had so far? Vacation? What does that even mean?!?! Just kidding. The best vacations are when I go home to Maui to see my parents and play at the beach for two weeks at a time.
5. What do you hope to accomplish within the next year? I have a whole post devoted to this
6. Who do you trust and turn to for advice and a shoulder to lean on? Brandon, my mom, my dad (when it doesn’t involve any math problems!), and a number of different friends that I’ve got scattered throughout my life…Cassidy, Emily, Hillary, Amy (both of them)…
7. Favorite kind of flower? Sunflowers
8. Best gift you’ve ever received? ICE CREAM CAKE FOR BREAKFAST IN BED ON MY 25TH BIRTHDAY. I have the best fiance ever.
9. Favorite holiday? Chrismukkah, again.
10. Have you ever tried yoga? Do you like it? Um, yes and yes. I hope I like yoga, considering I’m training to be a yoga teacher.
11. What would you do with a million dollars? Quit my job to travel the country with Brandon and our puppies on the wings of yoga and music.
I’m not going to tag anyone else because I’m not sure I know a single person in the blogosphere who hasn’t already done this post…but go ahead and comment away. Tell me ONE THING about you that is unique, fun, something I don’t already know…